Iran confirms missile test challenging the United States

 Iran confirmed Tuesday that it has conducted a recent missile test recently challenging the United States, which condemns the country's ballistic activities.
 The Iranian Revolutionary Guard statement comes weeks after US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo made the complaint that Iran was conducting tests with a missile model capable of carrying several warheads and reaching the Middle East and parts of Europe.
 "We will continue our missile tests, and this recent action was an important step," said Amirali Hajizadeh, the Iranian Armed Forces elite, according to local news agency Fars.
 "The reaction of the Americans shows that this test was very important to them and that is why they are crying," he added, without specifying which type of missile was tested, but noting that the Asian country conducts more than fifty operations of the type per year.
 The United Nations Security Council met last week to discuss the launch, criticized by the United States, United Kingdom and France. At the meeting, the Americans did not get a "unanimous condemnation" of the test as a "breach" of Iran's international commitments.
 In May, US President Donald Trump unilaterally abandoned Security Council Resolution 2231 and again imposed sanctions on Iran. He said the nuclear deal did not include curbs on the development of ballistic missiles or Iranian military support of Syria, Yemen , Lebanon and Iraq. Now, Washington accuses the country of violating the agreement.
 Paris and London do not agree that it is a violation, since the principles of the agreement focused on nuclear weapons, but qualify the tests as a "provocation."
 Under Resolution 2231, "Iran has undertaken not to engage in ballistic missile-related activities designed to carry nuclear warheads, including missiles using ballistic missile technology."
 Tehran says it has no intention of developing such weapons, tirelessly repeating that its projectiles and missile production are for "deterrence" purposes and that its "defensive program can not be stopped," according to Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif.

Nenhum comentário

Football